Quantity Take-Off Structures
Instructor: Douglas D. Gransberg, Ph.D., P.E., FRICS, M.ASCE
This course teaches the fundamentals of construction cost estimating, including the development of a work breakdown structure. Technical focus is on QTO for typical structural systems, including earthwork, reinforced concrete, and brick/block.
This course is one of ASCE’s new Guided Online Courses that are highly interactive, instructor-led programs in which learners move through a 6-week learning experience with their peers. The content includes video lectures, interactive exercises, case studies, and weekly discussion topics to help master the course material. Unlimited 24/7 accessibility to weekly modules.
Course Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn basic principles of construction cost estimating for lump sum projects
- Develop a work breakdown structure for a lump sum bid
- Learn how to apply to structural quantity take-off (QTO)
- Learn to take-off quantities for concrete, steel, masonry, etc.
- Organize the QTO in a format that permits pricing and development of a bill of materials
Who Should Attend?
- Construction Project Owners
- Design Consultants
- Construction Contractors
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimating Fundamentals
- Practice Exercise #1
- Estimating Earthwork
- Shrink and Swell Adjustments
- Practice Exercise #2
- Live Instructor Interaction: Review of weeks 1 and 2, questions, and discussion
- Estimating Concrete
- Concrete Formwork Costs
- Practice Exercise #3
- Estimating Masonry
- Masonry Take-off
- Practice Exercise #4
- Live Instructor Interaction: Review of weeks 3 and 4, questions, and discussion
- Live review of the content of the entire course followed by questions and discussion as required
- The final exam: on-line multiple choice test graded on a pass/fail basis
Other Recommended Courses:
Project Planning and Control
Douglas D. Gransberg, Ph.D., P.E., FRICS, M.ASCE
This course teaches the fundamentals of production-based planning and earned value analysis. It includes development of production rates for planning and tracking actual production to control project cost and schedule.
Part of the Construction Engineering Certificate Program
06 Nov 2017
15 Dec 2017
1 CEUs/ 10 PDHs
Price: $ 745