Quantity Take-Off: Civil/Utilities
Instructor: Douglas D. Gransberg, Ph.D., P.E., FRICS, M.ASCE
This course teaches the fundamentals of construction cost estimating, including the development of a work breakdown structure. Technical focus is on QTO for typical Civil/Utility systems, including, but not limited to earthwork, trenching, and piping.
This course is one of ASCE’s new Guided Online Courses that are highly interactive, instructor-led programs in which learners move through a 6-week learning experience with their peers. The content includes video lectures, interactive exercises, case studies, and weekly discussion topics to help master the course material. Unlimited 24/7 accessibility to weekly modules.
Course Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- The principles of construction cost estimating for unit price projects
- The take-off quantities for earthwork, pipe, pavement, etc.
- How to apply to quantity take-off (QTO) for civil/utility projects
- Work breakdown structure for a unit price bid
- Organizing the QTO in a unit pricing format
Who Should Attend?
- Construction Project Owners
- Design Consultants
- Construction Contractors
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimating Fundamentals
- Practice Exercise # 1
- Risk-based Estimating
- Print Reading – Heavy
- Practice Exercise # 2
- Live Instructor Interaction: Review of weeks 1 and 2, questions and discussion
- QTO – Earthwork
- Shrink and Swell Adjustment
- Practice Exercise # 3
- QTO – Pavement
- QTO – Bridges
- Practice Exercise # 4
- Live Instructor Interaction: Review of weeks 3 and 4, questions and discussion
- Live review of content of the entire course followed by questions and discussion as required
- The final exam: online multiple choice test graded on a pass/fail basis
Other Recommended Courses:
Quantity Take-Off Structures
Douglas D. Gransberg, Ph.D., P.E., FRICS, M.ASCE
This course teaches the fundamentals of construction cost estimating, including the development of a work breakdown structure.
Part of the Construction Engineering Certificate Program
29 Jan 2018
09 Mar 2018
1 CEUs/ 10 PDHs
Price: $ 745