Principles of Critical Path Scheduling
Instructor: Douglas Gransberg, Ph.D., P.E., FRICS, M.ASCE
This Guided Online Course teaches the fundamentals of critical path method (CPM) and the development of schedules based on the CPM network analysis output.
The course consists of eight prerecorded internet-based lectures, four self-guided practical exercises with on-line non-graded quizzes to furnish immediate feedback to the student regarding their answers to the PE and a final examination. There are three one-hour on-line live interactions periods with the instructor to discuss the PEs and review for the final exam as well for students to get real-time answers for individual.
This course is Gold Seal accredited by the Canadian Construction Association for 3 CEU credits.
Course Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn the fundamentals of CPM
- Learn how to develop schedules based on the CPM network analysis output
- Learn to apply these principles to typical projects of all types
Who Should Attend?
- Construction Project Owners
- Design Consultants
- Construction Contractors
- Introduction to Project Scheduling
- Activity Take-Off
- Practice Exercise # 1
- Work Sequencing
- Practice Exercise # 2
- Live Instructor Interaction: Review of weeks 1 and 2, questions and discussion
- Network Programming
- Network Diagramming
- Adjusting the Schedule
- Practice Exercise # 3
- Resource Loading and Leveling
- Cost Loading the Schedule
- Practice Exercise # 4
- Live Instructor Interaction: Review of weeks 3 and 4, questions and discussion
- Live Review of Modules 1–4 content, followed by questions and discussion as required
- The Final Exam: online multiple choice test graded on a pass/fail basis
Other Recommended Courses:
Principles of Construction Contracts
Douglas Gransberg, Ph.D., P.E., FRICS, M.ASCE
This course is one of ASCE’s new Guided Online Courses that are highly interactive, instructor-led programs in which learners move through a 6-week learning experience with their peers.
Part of the Construction Engineering Certificate Program
29 Jan 2018
09 Mar 2018
1.0 CEU/ 10 PDHs
Price: $ 745